Wednesday, January 11, 2006

happy birthday to me

Today is my birthday. I'm feeling old. I kept it on the downlow so I don't expect any surprise parties or the people around me to make a fuss. I got a call from my mom. I'm just going to try to have a nice day, do some quiet introspection (more than usual...lol).

When I first started practicing Islam, I don't think I knew enough to call myself any label (Like the S-word or the W-word) but I definitely came in on the the birthdays-and-non-muslim-holidays-are-bidah tip. My folks probably thought I had developed some Grinch-like tendancies. I think that now, I'm probably mellower than I used to be, but I still don't like to make a big deal about holidays or my birthday.

[...time passes...]

There was a blackout today. The power was out when I woke up and probably won't be back on before the end of the day. I'll try not to read too much into that.

2 comments: