Wednesday, August 03, 2005

islam and world peace: explanations of a sufi

The book (available online) Islam and World Peace: Explanations of a Sufi comes from the Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship. I read this book a long time ago around the time I first became Muslim. It stood out for me because in a practical sense Bawa Muhiyaddeen is a Muslim pacifist. Even though he passed away in 1986, I've been hearing about him more these days. I think his message is appealing more and more to Muslims.

Here is the rest of their online library and here is the Bawa Muhaiyaddeen Fellowship website.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Assalamu alaikum, thanks so much for linking to this! I'd never heard of the author of this book, and naturally, I was a little, well, I don't want to say "suspicious", but, I'm not sure how to describe it. I've started reading the book / listening to it, but I've not gotten very far. I've been so tired from work that when I do try to listen to it, I end up falling asleep. There is also a site called www.bookshare.org, which I'm trying to get a membership to. It is a site with copyrighted online books for people with disabilities which make reading standard print material difficult. For example, people who are visually impaired or people who can't hold a book, for example. I had to send in verification of my disablity, but Inshallah, I'll hear back from them soon. I think volunteers can submit books to be added to the site if they'd like, and maybe, if there isn't a selection of Muslim authors, maybe it is possible to get Muslim authors to submit their work?

Anyway, assalamu alaikum and take care.

Abdul-Halim V. said...

Wa alaikum salaam,

I'm glad you liked the links. You might also like the Hizmet Online Books page which I put in my links section.

Or Also the entry:

http://planetgrenada.blogspot.com/2005/05/free-islamic-books-online.html

which points to another site where you can get more general online books for free.

Peace