Monday, October 24, 2005

greedy for attention

Ok, I just updated my blogroll, mainly adding the blogs I've been mentioning recently plus a couple of others where I've been commenting. I'm willing to add more but I don't have any really "on deck" at the moment. Also, conversely, if you like what you read here, feel free to add Planet Grenada to your blogroll. Leave a comment. Make criticisms or suggestions for improvement. Even leave a shameless plug for your blog. (So far, I've only deleted spam and I'm in the middle of deciding what to do with missionaries who leave comments which are equivalent to spam). In any case, feel free to use your voice.

4 comments:

Shabina said...

shameless plug :)
Gracis, amigo! (explain the grenada reference?)

Abdul-Halim V. said...

It's explained in my first entry. Basically it's a combination of Granada (the last Muslim outpost of Islamic Spain) swallowed up in the Reconquista and Grenada (the leftward leaning Carribean nation (invaded by Reagan in the 80's). I guess they are the same in Arabic and Spanish.

In retrospect, the island isn't a perfect fit, but I still thought the connection was close enough that I could identify with it and felt the name was cool... lol

Baraka said...

After coming back through Sume to read you for awhile, I finally got around to putting you on my site. One less step :)

Great site--I enjoy your insights!

Abdul-Halim V. said...

Thanks baraka!