Monday, September 05, 2005

what's up with blog spam?

There is a Philip K. Dick short story (I'm blanking on the name right now) about how in the future there will be so much economic pressure to sell things and companies will go to greater and greater lengths to present ads to consumers such that privacy and peace and quiet virtually disapper. If I remember right, it gets so bad that the main character ends up leaving the planet just to get away from the commercials. In fact, that was probably the inspiration for how in the film Minority Report (also based on a Philip K. Dick short story) the computerized billboards gave people retina scans and personalized their sales pitch to each potential customers. Well... we are quite that bad... yet. But we are getting there...

As for the here and now.... I'm happy to get supportive comments on my blog. I'm even happy to get critical negative comments on my blog (hey, at least folks are reading it). But gettings ads which are disguised as comments are starting to annoy me.

No comments: