Friday, September 09, 2005

insignificant microbe?

Wow... so I've been try to stretch my blogging legs a little... checking out what other folks are writing... trying to get on different blogrolls or rings... adding bells and whistles... the last tweak I've made to my blog is joining the Truth Laid Bear ecosystem where different blogs are categorized by their "status" in the blogosphere (probably some mystic calculation involving number of links, frequency of visitation, etc.) anyway it turns out I'm an "insignificant microbe" in the great scheme of things. ouch. Hopefully, that is just some default setting which everyone gets at the beginning and that some day I will evolve. I'm at least hoping I'm a fish. We'll see...

2 comments:

Stuart Berman said...

It will take a few days to get your rating up - microbe is just how it initializes (and adds a touch of humility).

Your rating will increase when other people blogroll you and as you comment (referencing your blog) on others blogs.

The key to this is how well google sees you blog and those you comment on or are blogrolled on. Some blogs seem to be 'invisible' to google - often by choice. My host allows me to specify whether I want each blog site to be publicly searched.

Abdul-Halim V. said...

thanks... i think that when i got on it said something about default being microbe but it gave me the impression that they search every night and update within 24 hours.
i guess not...