Friday, November 11, 2005

npr on latino/hispanic muslims

Here are two older reports from National Public Radio on Latino/Hispanic Muslims:

Islam and Hispanics From Chicago Public Radio, Shirley Jahad reports on the thousands of American Latinos who are members of the Muslim faith. The Islamic Society of North America is met to focus on the link between Islam and Hispanic populations.

Latino Muslims NPR's Laura Sydell reports on the increasing conversion of Latinos from Christianity to Islam. The number of Latinos Muslims remains small but mark a significant change. Sydell attended a gathering in Stockton California of Latino Muslims and has this report.

4 comments:

wayfarer said...

One of my best friends is latina muslim. :-)

Aaminah Shakur said...

Not only one of my best friends (possibly the same one as Wayfarer, LOL), but also my husband and my brother's wife. :)

Abdul-Halim V. said...

Yes, there are more and more of us... :)

DA said...

I'm a white/asian (mainly white) who grew up in a Mexican neighborhood and speak Spanish, ,and took shahadah at 24. Can I be honorary?