Friday, August 18, 2006

niggers are scared of revolution

I don't know how your mind works but thinking about Gil Scott-Heron got me thinking about The Last Poets. And reflecting on that last hadith and how our current situation is related to love of the dunya and fear of death got me thinking about thier spoken word piece, Niggers are scared of Revolution. I don't mean to be irreverent but there seems to be a common message running through both pieces (although they are radically different in terms of tone and form).

2 comments:

sondjata said...

well you could include Peter Tosh's commentary that Christians love to talk about heaven but are afraid to die as put in his more "militant" version of Get Up Stand Up.

Of course the danger lies in what one is willing to face death for. In the context of the piece you listed I think that a current analysis is that Niggas are not interested in revolution.

In another context one could say that plenty of niggas are willing to kill and destroy but few have the guts to build.

i should post one of my poems for you.

Abdul-Halim V. said...

yes, I'd be happy to see some of your poems.