Wednesday, May 13, 2009

obama: white house correspondents; dinner





Highlights:
Rahm Emanuel isn't used to saying "Day" after "Mother"
Dick Cheney's memoirs are tentatively titled: "How to Shoot Friends and Interrogate People."

and finally:
"You know, we [Hillary Clinton and I] had been rivals during the campaign, but these days we could not be closer. In fact, the second she got back from Mexico she pulled into a hug and gave me a big kiss. (Laughter.) Told me I'd better get down there myself."

1 comment:

Ben said...

Politics and the Media are a big joke anyway, so why not show it right in the public's face.. That's how I take it.

So that captain hook/enemy/Chavez gave him a book he ain't gonna read it? That is a very interesting book Hugo Chavez gave Obama that day, he better read that... unless he's really taking it all for a joke.

This is very funny though...good jokes... but the funniest part to me is when he's being serious, like 'yeah the media is here to inform the public and all that'.. ahah pleaaaze, that's a good one. Absolutly right, a government without its propaganda machine can not function. Without its 'intellectual prositutes' as Johnd Swinton put it.

Maybe I'm just too old fashion in my perception of politics, not that the old way was much better.