Saturday, February 25, 2006

project censored

If you haven't heard of it already Projecet Censored is a 30 year-old media research group out of Sonoma State University which tracks the news published in independent journals and newsletters. From these, Project Censored compiles an annual list of 25 news stories of social significance that have been overlooked, under-reported or self-censored by the country's major national news media. Archives of past "censored" stories are available at the site.

2 comments:

DA said...

I think project:censored is a worthy effort. HOWEVER at one point to oppose Clinton's military intervention in former Yugoslavia, they were very willing to white-wash serb atrocities. I think their allegiance to the far left is a bit problematic for this reason alone.

Abdul-Halim V. said...

I think I have no choice but to take people where they are at. Everyone has some good qualities. Everyone has some negatives. I don't know of any group, movement, individual which I would say in a categorical sense represent the full range of my opinions and perspectives on the world.

When it came to Yugoslavia, the left's response "made sense" because they were being consistent at least in opposing US interventions pretty much everywhere.

For Muslims, giving support to military intervention made sense because of protecting Muslim lives.