Wednesday, July 07, 2010

reyes de las calles - el mundo va acabarse

Just some amusing Afro-Cuban, Afro-futuristic, anti-racist, apocalyptic hip-hop. If I had more patience I would transcribe the lyrics along with the translation. (And I'm actually surprised and a little disappointed that no one else out there seems to have done it already.) The group's name means "Kings of the Streets" and the song's title means "The world is going to end". The lyrics tell the story of what happens when God (and the Martians) come down to Earth to set things right.

2 comments:

Marc Manley said...

This ain't tu madre's Buena VIsta Social Club! In some ways, it reminds me of Orishas.

Abdul-Halim V. said...

Definitely not...lol.. And yes I think that's a good comparison. A lot of Cuban hip-hop use the same mix of modern sounds and old-school Afro-Cuban music.