Tuesday, November 16, 2021

"no more water..."

It occurred to me that I've written about Noachides before and I'm starting to repeat myself (a little) . 


Something new which I will put out there.... I have a couple of creative works in progress (novels / novellas / graphic novels)  I'm working on. (Honestly I need to get off my behind and put more energy into them so I finish at least one). But one is sort of a post-post-apocalyptic story set in the distant future. I've been having fun extrapolating different religious developments.

One group was going to be based on the current alliance between the Church of Scientology and the Nation of Islam which somehow becomes an integrated path.

Another group I've been thinking about is a  futuristic version of the Noachides.  I'm imagining that after global warming really kicks in and sea levels rise, and major islands and coastal areas end up under water, people might start to reflect in new ways on the covenant of Noah (as). A likely prediction? They would be rooted in the seven laws and flesh them out into deep spiritual principles. But their sriptures could also include reflections on scriptures (especially the flood stories) of many nations. 
 

No comments: